Category Archives: Community

Organisation/Bodies

What is information? – one of five deep scientific questions

The term ‘electronically stored information’ (ESI, as coined by the Sedona Conference) seems pretty harmless when viewed in terms of electronic discovery/disclosure. When I first came across the description for ESI and the usage of the meaning of ‘information’, my heart sank. What is information? Do we know what we are addressing when we talk [...]

forensic classification of specialities – one approach

Last December, I attended a digital forensic course given by the London School of Informatics, City University. On my ToDo list (many ToDo!) after the course was to find out how the courts and the forensic practitioners classify the various technical or speciality areas (if any). Here’s one approach adopted by the Council for the [...]

Process & Data & People

Today, I went to hear what Ms Jennifer Stapleton (DSDM Consultant) has to say about ‘Agile Programme Management’ . Nothing revolutionary in terms of process or approach. Agile is viewed as systemic and dependent on culture. Personally, I rather prefer to view Agile holistically and not to complicate business agility with a whole hosts of [...]

discovery project manager

This week I saw a job title, ‘discovery project manager’, advertised in jobserve. I am indeed curious as I am an IT Project Manager/Consultant. Perhaps I will also add ‘ediscovery’ to my list of acquired ‘knowledge’. Over the next couple of weeks I will explore these two domains. Welcome suggestions/comments here or at yahoo groups.

Buddhism and the art of negotiation – Harvard News Office

It would be a dream come true for me if I can also apply the Buddhist precepts and way of ‘non-judgment’ for dispute resolution. Interesting article coming from Harvard News room. The Zen and Buddhism for Negotiation

electronic discovery vs computer forensics & beyond…

My research for my dissertation finished last week. I will continue to post articles which I’ve collected and will also continue with my interests in international arbitration and ediscovery/edisclosure. An article on ediscovery vs computer forensics. I will be exploring, ‘IT containment’ or ‘Data Retention’ and International rules/laws on documentary evidence. After reflection, (from my [...]

New York, New York

Finished my dissertation on 27th January! Then off I went to NY. Met up with old friends and also found new friends at the Juris Conference: Electronic Disclosure in International Arbitration. Now back in London and went for a job interview today?! Any other offers? Had the famous ‘juniors’ cheese cakes at the Grand Central [...]

A need for an ‘express guide on electronic documents’?

Two statements in the Electronic Discovery In International Arbitration article grabbed my attention; ‘parties are disclosing electronic information both voluntarily and when compelled to do so during discovery’ and also‘that parties to international arbitration are probably treating e-mail and other electronic information like paper documents, with no attention to the implications that the electronic nature [...]

edisclosure in New York

New York City 31 January 2008, A Juris Conferences event on ‘Electronic Evidence and Disclosure in International Arbitration’ The edisclosure ‘fever’ has started for me & I’m all booked to attend. It will be my ‘conference holiday’ and will no doubt bring back some memories of NY as I’ve visited NY back in 1987/8 (work [...]

How much info?

‘How much new information is distributed in storage media?’, a study dedicated to estimating how much new information is generated each year. Not sure whether the study is still ongoing as the study was posted around 2003. Interesting to note that the UC Berkeley’s School of Information Management and Systems is the first school in [...]