Category Archives: Community

Organisation/Bodies

UK News – Data, Privacy and Digital Investigations and Evidence

The Data Protection Act was given a new ‘shine’ in the name of new laws on data sharing. Check out at the Ministry of Justice website Information Commissioner to be given tougher powers’. Besides giving the Information Commissioner tougher powers, organisations will need to improve transparency and accountability when dealing with personal information. From the [...]

things ediscovery/edisclosure related

For general resources related to Alternative Dispute Resolution, do check out at my networking iADRt site. Do please join iADRt. You may join as a guest of iADRt or better still become a sponsor and get your company name/logo on the iADRt site. Data is contagious and any attempt to categorise or organise ‘data’ may [...]

Since my conclusion back in December 2007

I’ve just re-read the conclusion in my research paper published here. In the litigation arena, I have found that there are many more blogs on various aspects of ediscovery coming from the US and still hardly any blogs from elsewhere. Worldwide searching/linking is still lopsided when it comes to online knowledge and information distribution. Perhaps [...]

My first publication

In the past, I’ve written lots of system/software documentation/specification and project plans etc. but today I really feel a different sense of achievement. My article “Electronic Discovery/Disclosure: From Litigation to International Commercial Arbitration” appeared in The International Journal of Arbitration, Mediation and Dispute Management, V 74, N 4, Nov 2008 (The Arbitration Journal by the [...]

internet platforms back in Sept 2007

For those interested in more than just googling or e-mailing find out what Marc Andreessen wrote about ‘internet platforms’ back in Sept 2007 at his blog. The blog reads like a marketing speech for Marc’s venture into Ning (Ning platform). Still… Ning platform has turned into a ‘rich’ playground for Marc and Co. In my [...]

Production of electronic documents

The announcement at the ICC website on ‘Task Force on Production of Electronic Documents in Arbitration’ appears to me to be the start of more Task Forces to come. I do not know why the ICC specifically use the term ‘Production’. Why not just a Task Force for electronic disclosure or electronic documents? I fear [...]

Social Networking site

Yesterday (Sunday 28th September), I started a social networking site at www.adrtribunals.ning.com Soon the site will be just www.adrtribunals.com. There is also an iADRt (international ADR tribunals) ‘badge’ located on this blog right hand side menu. Do visit and join for free and welcome any views/comments.

An insight into what could emerge from even a ‘spillover’ event ran loosely based on the Open Space Technology (OST).

The ‘spillover’ event is the BCS BarCamp5 Spillover held on Saturday 28th September at the BCS Office in London. I was notified of the BarCamp event just two days before the planned event. Before the actual day, it seems to be a momentous event for the BCS as reported in the BCS blog. Having attended [...]

Our ever growing information intensive lives

My friend, Conrad highlighted an interesting article to me: Web Science: Studying the Internet to Protect Our Future Studying the Web will reveal better ways to exploit information, prevent identity theft, revolutionize industry and manage our ever growing online lives. By Nigel Shadbolt and Tim Berners-Lee I am aware that there are couple of ‘closed’ [...]

A Conference for ‘up & coming’ arbitration practitioners – Establishing Your Case in International Arbitration

No E-Documentation or edisclosure mentioned on this ICC UK / CIArb joint conference. Perhaps the ICC UK and CIArb do not wish to remind those wishing to refresh their knowledge of evidence and legal submissions on the ‘growing issue as a result of the electronic exchanges of documents between parties’. Surely the ‘growing issue…’ as [...]